Middle schoolers are invited spend Fridays exploring new skills and hanging out with friends. Design, create and build a different engineering project at each workshop.
Dates and topics:
• Oct. 5: Frankenstuffies: Create a stuffed animal of your dreams (or nightmares) with plush creatures, LEDs, conductive thread and coin batteries.
• Nov. 2: Chain Reaction: Use engineering skills to beat the clock and create a massive chain reaction machine.
• Dec. 7: Makers at the Hop: Balance Sculptures (Makers session is from 6:15-7:45 p.m.; Cirque Mechanics performance starts at 8 p.m.). Session includes a ticket to the Cirque Mechanics performance. Pre-registration is required and will close on Nov. 25.
• Jan. 11: Circuit Blocks: Help build a new tinkering activity to be used in programs and workshops at the Montshire.
• Feb. 1: Mold Casting: Using food-safe molding material, create a mold for chocolates.
• March 1: Stop-Motion Animation: Use an iPad to write and produce a stop-motion tale.
• April 5: Cardboard Construction: Build a city of cardboard.
For grades 6-9. Pre-registration encouraged. Visit montshire.org for details.
Montshire Museum of Science
- Start:March 01, 2019 Time: 6:30 PM
- End:March 01, 2019 Time: 8:00 PM
- Where:Montshire Museum of Science, One Montshire Road, Norwich, VT, United States, 05055
- Event Type: Family
- Ticket Price:N/A